CY23 Qtr. 3 Data Submission Deadline Reminder
folder_openData Submissionscalendar_todayPosted December 21, 2023
The next data submission deadline is Thursday, January 18, 2024. We are now approximately 4 weeks away from the deadline for submitting HHCAHPS Survey data for Quarter 3 of calendar year 2023 (CY23,Q3).
We thank those HHCAHPS vendors who have already begun submitting CY23,Q3 data for their HHA clients. If you have not submitted any data for Quarter 3, we encourage you to begin submitting your files as soon as possible.
New Important Points to Remember:
- Due to the HHCAHPS Survey reordered response options for the race question (Q31) starting with the CY23,Q3 survey data, it is strongly recommended that HHCAHPS Survey vendors complete additional quality control (QC) checks on Q31 data before submitting. In particular, vendors should focus their attention on comparing the counts of their CY23,Q3 race response categories against those data from previous quarters to ensure that their survey systems are accurately capturing the reordered race responses. For additional information, see the announcement posted on October 24, 2023.
- For each sample month an HHA has no eligible patients, please remember to request an email from them documenting that they had no eligible patients or have them submit a blank monthly patient information file, so that you can submit a 0-eligible file for that month.
- Please remember to submit a DNR for any HHAs that do not send you a file.
- Data files must pass both the initial and the secondary validation checks.
- To ensure that files can be accepted by the deadline at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on January 18, 2024, you must submit all of your Quarter 3 files on or before Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Since CMS will not accept any files after the data submission deadline, make sure you check your data submission reports to verify that all of your submitted files were accepted. And, correct and re-submit all files before the data submission deadline.
- You must still submit an XML data file for an HHA even if their monthly patient information file does not have any patients eligible to be sampled.
- Check your Vendor Authorization Report to make sure that each HHA client has authorized your organization to submit data on their behalf.
Please feel free to contact us via email or through the toll-free number if you have any questions or need help with data submissions.